Bloor & Butter–The One Eighty’s Best Dessert
Singling out something from The One Eighty’s menu is almost unfair because everything is great. Seriously, check out the menu — it’s fantastic!
But if you leave your table on the 51st floor without trying the Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart, you’d be doing yourself a serious disservice.
We’ll let them tell you more about it on their Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, and instead take a different mouth-watering approach: 10 things you probably didn’t know about chocolate and peanut butter.
- To make one 12-ounce jar of peanut butter, you need 540 peanuts.
- Arachibutyrophobia is the phobia of getting peanut butter stuck on the roof of your mouth. Yes, it’s real.
- 250,000: the number of jars the largest peanut factory in the world produces every single day.
- There are ten peanut butter-inspired holidays in a year, including National Peanut Butter Day.
- Men prefer crunchy peanut butter while women and children like creamy.
- The word chocolate is derived from the Aztec word Xocolatl, which means “bitter water.”
- White chocolate isn’t actually chocolate. It’s made with cocoa butter and sugar.
- Milton S. Hershey, founder of the Hershey Chocolate Company, was supposed to be on the Titanic, but had to cancel because of business matters.
- Alfred Hitchcock used chocolate syrup for the blood in the famous shower scene in Psycho.
- The cocoa bean husk (the outer part of the bean) used to make chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect that can actually help fight tooth decay.
And if all this chocolate and peanut butter talk doesn’t have you salivating yet, perhaps the view from the 51st floor will?